30 March 2016

2.278: Distractions

I have been distracted the past few days. In between starting a new job and serving as host for my younger cousin, I have allowed the quality of my post to dwindle to lower than usual.

First, I am in the process of starting a new job. It is far from my ideal position but it is a start and it is a (very) small source of income.  The new job is with a friend (if I have said it before, I will say it again:  NETWORK!) at a growing discount retail chain. I hope this will mark the start of an upward trend in my life and allow me the opportunity to shed the unwarranted stereotypes associated with unemployed individuals seeking employment.

Second, I have spent much of the past three days with my extended family because a cousin was visiting. I actually did not mind the situation because I actually like this cousin. I know that sounds horrible but long-term readers of John Past 30 will know that my relationships with many members of my family are (to put it nicely) strained. Fortunately, I am able to enjoy the company of this particular cousin and I do not mind spending time with her.

Anyways, everything is back to “normal” as my cousin returned to California last night and all of the paperwork I needed to complete regarding my new job is finished; I simply have to wait for it to be processed. I know that the quality of my posts has never been too high but I hope that I will be able to publish better dribble than what I have been publishing over the past couple of days.