04 March 2016

2.252: Things Ahead

Do you remember when I expressed my desire to reorganize this site?

Well, after two months of nothing substantive, I believe I finally have something tangible to share with you.

After a spontaneous but intense brainstorming session last night, I believe I finally have a basic framework for organizing the thoughts in my head into coherent and publishable posts.

Starting Monday (7 March 2016), I will begin publishing a series of new regular columns to this site. Here are some of the new (and not-so-new) columns I hope to introduce over the next week:

Pitch Notes
I love the game of soccer!  It is an incredible game that elicits a level of passion amongst its supporters that is unmatched by any other sports' supporters.  And while the game on its own is able to conjure feelings of immense joy and intense pain, these feelings are amplified when a supporter of the game directs he/her passion toward their national team or a domestic league club.  For me, my passion and support lie with the United States men's and women's national teams, Manchester United, Sporting Kansas City, and Atlanta United.  Pitch Notes will be a column dedicated to these clubs and teams focusing on recent results and current news related to each of these sides.  As of now, the plan is for Pitch Notes to be a weekly column that will publish on Mondays.

Random Thoughts and Quick Blurbs
Okay, neither one of these columns is new, but I am resetting the counts for both columns (even though neither column had more than two previous entries) because I want to and if The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl can have two Issue No. 1s in the same calendar year; why can't I?  Anyways, both columns will retain basically the same format as before though I may change the number of topics to discuss for both columns.

Smash the Stash
I love comics and I try to collect comics (finances-permitting), but I have a terrible habit of letting purchased comics fall by the wayside and before I know it; I have a massive queue of comic books I have yet to read.  Anyways, Smash the Stash is a column dedicated to helping me smash my queue of unread comic books and graphic novels.  Each week I will read a few issues (or all the issues I possess) of a series and I will share my thoughts on the individual issues.  Please, keep in mind that (1) my backlog of books goes a couple years back so many of the issues I read will have been released months (even years) ago and (2) I have no clue about the intricacies of the comic book industry so do not expect an expert opinion on any of the issues I write about in Smash the Stash.

For now, that is what I have and am willing to share, but rest assured knowing that I have few more ideas for regular columns for this site.  I am simply trying to hash out the ideas some more to ensure I am satisfied with them.  So look forward to some new content soon, but until then:  DFTBA!