09 March 2016

2.257: A Side Project

From time to time and when I am bored, I dabble in side projects to either (1) give my restless hands and mind something to do or (2) take my mind off particular issues that are causing me trouble.  The following is a little something I put together in honor of Thursday's Europa League match between rivals Manchester United and Liverpool:


I wish Blogger allowed images to be expanded to their full sizes, but it does not or at least, I have not figured out how to enable such a feature.  Regardless, I created this image using GIMP (a free, open-source software similar to Photoshop) and the Retype app on my iPhone.  The base image of Anthony Martial was taken from Manchester United's Facebook page.

Update:  I was feeling extra creative last night so I created another graphic.  This one is for the Atlanta Silverbacks NPSL home opener against the Myrtle Beach Mutiny:


This graphic uses the same color scheme is the first graphic because both clubs use the same colors though the Silverbacks lean heavier on black while Manchester United features more white.  Anyways, the majority of the graphic was created with GIMP while the text was added using the Retype app.  I once again ripped the player image from the club's official Facebook page.