10 March 2016

2.258: Quick Blurbs 001-A

Again?  Sorry for the odd numbering, but I am still working it out.  Meanwhile, it's time for some Quick Blurbs.  Five "trending" topics from Facebook because Twitter trends are not too accommodating for banter, Google search trends are similar to Twitter trends, and I still do not "get" Reddit.  Here we go, I screen capped this image at approximately 12:30 EST:


Suicide Squad:  Hell yeah, Suicide Squad!  Hell yeah, tattoos (though I would never get one myself because I’m a pansy)!  Umm…okay to character-inspired tattoo promotional posters?  To be honest, all these posters are going to lead to is a lot of regrettable decisions.

Sharon Osbourne:  Look, I am all for women being comfortable in their own skin and for wanting to share their bodies with others.  Nudity:  it’s not for everyone.  The only thing I find annoying about this topic is that everyone seems so quick to judge or are incredibly petty.

Matt Flynn:  A simple rule of thumb for professional athletes, especially, football players:  Don’t throw shade because a player got paid.  The careers of football players are incredibly short and the amount of damage one will incur is immense.  Players need to get what they can while they can.

Xbox Live:  One of the basic rules of good customer service is to ensure the customer receives the goods or services for which they have tendered payment.  If this is not possible, then offer the customer proper compensation.  Today’s all about simplicity.

Christian Bale:  My major pet peeve in regards to comics and comic-related mediums (i.e., movies) is the existence of multiple “universes” or, more accurately, the lack of a singular continuity.  I am fine with rebooting stories when things become stale, but to cast someone simply to demonstrate this point is absurd.