22 March 2016

2.270: Random Topics 003


The single most important advice I have to give you is...never go into debt. Only a man that is free of debt is truly free.  I wish I had known this fact but there was no one there to teach me this lesson. If I were debt free, then I would be in a much better position than I am today.  Every month I spend over $700 repaying debt.  Now, if I did not have any debt, then I would be free to use that $700+ on what I want and unemployment would not be such a burden because I would not have to worry about making my next credit card payment or risk being penalized with exorbitant late fees.  Unfortunately, I had no one to explain to me the unnecessary burden of credit cards, private student loans, and other forms financially-debilitating debts.  So, I say to you with all sincerity:  Do not incur debt.  If you wish to make a big purchase (e.g., an automobile or a home), then work and save your money until you are able to afford to purchase the item with cash.  It may take some time and a lot of sacrifices but you will not be tethered to anyone and it will be more cost-effective since you will not be paying interest rates.

---------- || J+30 || ----------


I wanted to recommend you watch...FLCL.  I could have recommended a number of books or television series but I decided to recommend my favorite anime series of all time.  FLCL (or Fooly Cooly) is one of the wildest things I have ever seen--animated or otherwise.  The series features various animation styles throughout its six-episode run and one of the best soundtracks from a television series. The characters are fun and over-the-top even the dour and much-too-mature-for-her-age Eri Ninamori and the plot is something right out of a fanboy's dream.  I want to say much more but I do not want to ruin it for anyone even if it is fifteen years old.  Please, go and watch it!