05 July 2014

Year 1, Day 9

I know that I have been in a foul mood lately, but I am trying to change; it is not as easy as flipping a switch from bad mood to good mood.

So, I thought that I would take a moment to list some of the things that bring me joy:

World Cup
There is no denying that this year's World Cup is one of the greatest in history. Personally, it is the greatest World Cup that I have had the privilege of witnessing. Then again, I have only witnessed six World Cups (1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010), which is actually quite a bit more than I had expected--I'm old.  Anyway, from the valiant efforts of the United States men's national team to the amazing Cinderella run of fellow CONCACAF nation Costa Rica, this World Cup has had goals galore, last-minute drama, and outstanding individual efforts--the type of stuff that television executives drool over.

Kiya (My 2013 Kia Rio)
I have driven only a handful of automobiles in my lifetime, but I have come to love my Kiya because she is mine and while she was not my first choice; I have grown to love her handling, stereo system and fuel efficiency. I can do an entire week's worth of work commutes on a single tank of gasoline! And while there is still some adjusting to be done in terms of comfort, I have come to appreciate its snug interior. I just love being behind the wheel and on those very rare occasions that I am not driving; I feel lost, but the passenger seat is remarkably comfortable.

John Green Books and the Vlogbrothers Community
I am a John Green fanboy and despite only recently deciding to take the plunge on reading his books, I love them and I do not care if they are "Young Adult" books; a good book is good regardless of its genre. In truth, I have been follow John and his brother, Hank, (YouTube's vlogbrothers) off and on for a number of years now, but only recently have they become a constant part of my life.  Yes, I am a Nerdfighter and while I wish I could be more participatory in the community; I know that John and Hank still welcome me into this community. Believe me when say this: once I become more financially stable--I will being doing much more to help them in their cause of reducing world suck.  Also, I just love the notion of DFTBA (Don't Forget To Be Awesome).

Anyway, I'm feeling slightly better and with the premiere of the second season of Space Dandy tonight; I know I'm on my way to a much better mood. In truth, I really should make an effort to draft these sort of posts more frequently because always being mopey is no way to live one's life. DFTBA!

Edited on 5 July 2014 at 17:05