22 July 2014

Year 1, Day 26

Today was another long day.  It was not as long or as busy as yesterday, but today had its moments. One moment involved a patron that could not understand our policy about not tying bicycles on the trees immediately in front of the library. It was not so much has ignorance of our policy, but his attitude and use of profanities in the presence of young children. My second moment was much more lighthearted and humorous and involved to bearded and elderly men.  In the opinion of my co-worker, both of these individuals could have easily been confused for extras on Duck Dynasty except they were at the library and there was no crew present. It turned out that one of these individuals had run for mayor of Atlanta despite being homeless and situated in a town nearly sixty miles away.  I would continue, but I do not want to capture the attention of these two individuals.

As of now, I sit in my bedroom awaiting the results of today's runoff election. Personally, I do not bother myself with politics as much as I once did, but I still enjoy Election Night. In truth, the results of the most significant races of the night hold little interest to me because I am a single-party voter.  Regardless, it is still excellent to observe.