16 July 2014

Year 1, Day 20

I am still in the midst of my "Batman Day" brainstorming, but I thought that I would share some thoughts with you about some of the things I have been doing over the past couple of days (aside from moping about the end of the World Cup):

First, I just want to say that I love the song "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith.  I first heard about this song and about Sam Smith on NPR and after the events of the past couple of weeks, the song really struck a chord with me.


I know that it is foolish of me to continue longing for someone that is obviously disinterested in me, but I simply could not get over the possibility of losing her--even if she was just transferring to another branch within the system.  I honestly have not felt this way about someone in such a long time--I really cannot explain my feelings, but I know that it would have hurt tremendously even if she did not realize it herself.

Second, another song that I have been really digging is Bleachers' "I Wanna Get Better".  I understand that this track does have some particularly morbid themes to it, but the hook draws me in.  Again, this all goes back my unrequited longing and how I want to change and become more like the sort of man she wants and deserves.  I know that this is sounding rather pathetic, but I am simply a man that longs to be loved.


Of course, I couldn't leave this update on such a depressing note. So, here is a unique take on Ferris Bueller's Day Off starring stars from Major League Soccer and United States women's national team: