04 July 2014

Year 1, Day 8

Hello!

I hope that you are having a fun and festive Independence Day and for my non-American companions, I hope that you are having a nice day.

Personally, I have grown out of the "getting into the spirit of the holiday" mode and I take most holidays as just another day on the calendar, which is a bit sad, but at the same time; a side effect of growing older and more bitter.

In truth, I would take this time to discuss my younger half-brother and the continuous drama and mayhem he brings into my life.  In all honesty, I should have been an only child, but some screw ups along the way by both of my parents and I found myself with a half-brother that I rarely want anything to do with.

He and I are polar opposites of one another and yet, we same to share similar fates.  He is five years my junior and for the past couple of years he has been involved with this terrible relationship with this terrible individual.

How is this person terrible?  Well, you always here stories from the conservatives about lazy Americans that live off the dime of productive taxpayers--she is one of those individuals.  Trust me, I am by no means a conservative nor am I a believer in the idea that government assistance is a negative thing, but this individual's poor life choices, unwillingness to obtain and retain employment and persistent abuse of my younger half-brother makes me sick to my stomach.

Despite having spent the better part of the past three or four years living with one another, there have never been discussions of marriage because this would lead to the loss of her qualifications for SNAP since she would be married with two children from two different fathers (she originally had three children from another individual, but lost custody of that child while spending time in incarceration).  Anyway, during their time together, my younger half-brother has virtually had to support this blight on society single-handedly along with her continuously abusive mother.

In fact, the amount of drama generated from their relationship has not only spilled over into the live my mother and father, but into his professional life when he lost his decent wage position because of his inability to manage his problems with this individual.

Over time this had led to a number of instances where he and they (at times) have ended up at my parents and I's home, which in turn, causes me distress.  I like playing the role of the lone child despite my age, but their presence throws everything on its head.

I know I spend a lot of time on this site venting, but this is partially part of the reason why I created this site; to provide a venue to vent my frustrations.  There is so much more that I want to discuss, but I am tired and I just don't have the energy to just let everything out at once.

Happy Independence Day!