18 July 2014

Year 1, Day 22

I know that I have been hitting all the sour and bitter notes this week with my posts, but I thought I would switch things up today by sharing with you one of my "guilty pleasures":  "Weird Al" Yankovic.  If you did not know, Weird Al has a new album out and during the past week the weird one has been flooding the inter-tubes with videos and tracks from his album: Mandatory Fun.  Anyway, here are some of the videos that I have been able to find on YouTube--sit back and enjoy:


The comedic cameos and outfits in this parody of Pharrell Williams' "Happy" are glorious and of course, it is just as infection an ear worm as the original.


I will be the first to admit that I guilty of using terrible grammar and misspelling words, especially, when spell check is not available, but I think we should all take a moment to ponder some of the tips and hints that Weird Al provides in this parody of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines".


At last, Weird Al confirms what we have all known about aluminum foil--that it is a great way to store sandwiches and other foods and that it will protect our brains from the mind-altering rays that the Illuminati are sending out to the masses.  Who knew that a parody set to Lorde's "Royals" could be so informative? The answer: Weird Al did.

There was actually one more video that was released, but it was released in partnership with Yahoo! Screen and well, to be frank, I did not want to be bothered with embed codes and the sort. So, you can go look it up for yourself--it is called "Handy" and it is a parody of Iggy Azalea's "Fancy".

Anyway, enjoy the tracks and have a pleasant evening and hopefully, I will "see" you tomorrow.