30 January 2016

2.218: The Follow Up

The following is a continuation from my previous post.

Tuesday:  I travelled alone on Tuesday.  I had lunch at Natalie-Jane's Restaurant's "new" location in town and had the Natalie-Jane Burger (smaller than I remembered but delicious nonetheless even though the burger was cooked beyond my medium preference) coupled with a pasta salad (also delicious and a surprisingly good compliment to a burger).  During lunch, I decided on whether or not to go to the Academy Sports & Outdoors in Anderson, SC or Gainesville; I choose Gainesville.  But, why Anderson?  Anderson was an option because I was in the market for some new Carolina Panthers merchandise and I had serious doubts about whether or not a sports store located in the same county as the Atlanta Falcons training facility would carry apparel from a division rival; my doubts were correct.  While I was unable to locate any Panthers apparel, I did manage to find some new shoes: the Nike Downshifter 6 (for $39.99 + tax).  After I finished at Academy Sports, I checked out the Hobby Lobby because I had nothing better to do and it was located in the same shopping centre. When I was finished at Hobby Lobby, I stopped by Ross Dress for Less, Hibbett Sports, and Marshalls (in that order).  Surprisingly, the tripped kept me occupied for much longer than I thought it would.

Wednesday:  It was another solo day of travelling.  For Wednesday, I drove to the Tanger Outlets in Banks Crossing where I browsed the Lids, VF, and Nike stores as well as a discount book store. At Lids, I saw a couple of Atlanta Hawks knit caps that were advertised 2 for $20 though each knit cap sold individually for $29.99 so it may have been a mistake.  After I finished at the outlet mall, I stopped by the faux Krispy Kreme Doughnut store for an original glazed doughnut and a raspberry filled doughnut.  I call it a faux Krispy Kreme because the store does not make its doughnuts on-site. Doughnuts are shipped in from either another store or from a centralised facility and simply reheated on-site, which makes for an odd tasting doughnut because it sits in the cooking oil twice.

Thursday:  It was an early and long day that started with a 7 AM alarm.  At 8 AM, I arrived at my grandfather's house to accompany him and my aunt to a 9 AM medical appointment in Gainesville. While I waited for my grandfather and aunt to conclude their appointment, I visited Lakeshore Mall and Target.  The appointments were done at about 10:30 AM and we headed home though our original plans included lunch at Niko Niko Sushi in Buford, but my grandfather had vomited while waiting for the physician and he was feeling poorly at the time.  As we were heading home, my aunt decided that she would take me out for lunch if we could convince my mother to watch my grandfather while we ate; we did and we picked her up at the house.  When we returned to my grandfather's house, I napped while my aunt drained fluids from my grandfather.  By the time all of the fluids were drained, my grandfather was feeling better and was up for some lunch.  So we convinced my mother to join us and we had lunch in Niko Niko.  We eat a lot whenever we go and this day was no exception.  We had tempura calamari, shrimp and vegetable tempura, pork gyoza, tofu and vegetable soup, two Flying Dragon rolls, a Rainbow roll, and a Fiesta roll--all of which was delicious!  Following lunch, my aunt and mother wanted to do some shopping since we will be celebrating my grandfather's birthday this weekend (his birthday is on February 1) so I took them to Assi Plaza in Suwanee (according to the sisters, it was smaller and more expensive than the Pleasant Hill location) and the Great Wall Supermarket in Duluth.  It was a long day that ran from 8 AM until about 6 PM.  But, I was not done because while we were heading down to Buford for lunch, my other aunt called asking if I would accompany her to have her taxes prepared at a (shady) tax preparation office.  Instead of taking her to see the shady tax preparer, I tried my hand at preparing her taxes via TurboTax; I was successful and I saved my aunt $200.  I was so proud of my success that when I finally returned home, I prepared my mother's taxes.

Friday:  I spent much more time at home than I would have liked, but a 2:55 PM Manchester United FA Cup fixture will cause such an issue.  By the way, Manchester United won!  After the match, I had dinner at Burger King and headed to Gwinnett for another Atlanta Gladiators game; they lost.  On the way home, I stopped by Krystal in Oakwood for my second meal of the day.

Anyways, this concludes this portion of the week.