28 January 2016

2.216: Keeping Busy

Note:  There is a difference between being "busy" and being "productive".

On Sunday, I travelled to Gwinnett County where I ate lunch at a "hole-in-the-wall" Cantonese barbeque restaurant located in the food court of the Great Wall Supermarket.  I was craving dim sum but ended up eating soy sauce chicken over rice (on the recommendation of a Yelp! review and because I was not sure about how to order dim sum).  The chicken was mediocre and I left disappointed with the joint despite its strong Yelp! reviews.  Afterwards, I made my way over to Sweet Hut Bakery & Cafe in search of a Nutella Danish that I tried during a prior visit; it was sold out.  I settled for a curry chicken bun (sweeter than I prefer for a savoury item), a Nutella chocolate bun (solid with just a tad too much chocolate filling), a hazelnut Nutella doughnut (I have a thing for Nutella and this did not satisfy my craving with its dried-out dough), and a Sweet Hut milk tea "topped" with honey boba pearls (delicious though I wish I had ordered either the strawberry or taro milk tea instead of the Sweet Hut specialty).  Following my solo escapades into Cantonese dining and Nutella-based sweets, I met up with my friend Louis at Taco Mac in Duluth to watch the conclusion of the AFC Conference Championship game and most of the NFC Conference Championship game; I had an enjoyable time though my food was not-so-delicious.  I was still filled with my soy sauce chicken from earlier so I only ate sweet potato fries (a disappointment for the second time--I forgot I had tried the fries before) and an order of the "oven-baked" mac and cheese (a terrible idea--the mac and cheese came out cold and bland).  After Taco Mac and the triumph of the Carolina Panthers, Louis and I stopped by Steak 'n' Shake for milkshakes and I had the Nutella milkshake because why would I not?

On Monday, I was called into duty by one of my aunts early in the morning.  Initially, I was to watch my grandfather and wait for the delivery of his kidney dialysis fluids while my aunt went to rotate her tires and have one of the tires patched (nail).  Instead, I went to the tire repair shop while she remained with my grandfather.  The shop was quick and I was in-and-out in under an hour, which afforded me the time to stop by Chick-fil-A for breakfast.  As I was returning to the house, I received a phone call from another aunt asking if I would accompany her to her workplace to complete her application for temporary unemployment benefits.  Afterwards, she, my little cousin, and I had dinner at a local Chinese buffet--the selection is small, but the fried chicken wings are delicious--where I was reminded of how I loathe eating out with small children.  Following lunch, I swung by the house to pick up my mother and I returned to my grandfather's house to continue waiting for the medical supply shipment while he, my mother, and my aunt travelled to Gainesville for a medical appointment.  To kill the time, I read some comics, eat the treats I purchased from Sweet Hut the day before, and rubbed one out to a video of this incredibly attractive Thai woman being pounded by some sleazy white dude; I have very little shame and I am feeling bold this evening.  Anyways, the shipment never arrived, but I did complete an application for a position in Marietta.

I could go on, but I will not because I am tired and the vision of me beating off seems like a good spot to stop.