27 January 2016

2.215: The Body Politick

I removed myself from politics following the historic campaign season of 2008.  I say that I moved away from politics because I became wary of the competitive and cut-throat political environment, but that is not the whole truth.  The main reason I left politics is because I was an immature idiot that lost his virginity to the wife of a county committee chair who, at the time, I considered a friend.  That is right--I was a party to an extramarital affair with a woman over a decade my senior and I could no longer face the man I once considered a friend.

There are times when I reflect upon what I missed out on because I could not overcome my desperateness to lose my virginity and I wonder:  "Was it worth it?"  Sadly, I would answer that it was worth it because (1) I was no longer a virgin and (2) I wanted her.  Yet, at the same time, I regret my decision and all of the consequences that came from it.  If I had been able to resist the urge to engage her in escapades, who knows what may have happened in my life?

Anyways, I wanted to get this off my chest (somewhat).  As for politics, I suppose it is not too late to reenter the fray, but the question I must answer is whether or not I actually want to return to that world.  As of now, I do not have an answer.