10 January 2016

2.198: A Party of Two

So, that holiday party I mentioned in my last post...not quite what I had planned. For starters, I'm not a social creature so to enter a social environment alone is terrifying to me. So because I was going to meet up with Mark, I made the choice to arrive late thinking that a 6.5 hour get together would not really pop off until a couple hours after the announced start time...WRONG! By the time Mark and I arrived, dinner had been served and the tables cleared. My primary consolation was the free Starbucks Pike Roast coffee that I had three cups to drink. I mean it was nice to get away from the house and it's always nice to hang out with a good friend, but he and I could have done that and I could have avoided the nearly 1.5 hour drive in wet conditions. I know that it is our own faults but would it have hurt them to splurge on a few snacks? Well, I cannot blame the organizers for our tardiness. It was nice to see a few familiar faces even if we only chatted for a few minutes and it is always a pleasure being around people with similar interests even if I am behind the times in regards to anime. Also, I did stop by a Taco Mac on the way back and their wings are still delicious though their ranch dipping sauce is kind of bleh--I prefer bleu cheese and that is what I got but the waitress gave me a cup of ranch too. Anyways, I've no plans for the next few days, which means I am stuck at the house with no Internet until tomorrow when I finally force my ISP to finally give me a new modem and my thoughts (which is always a dangerous situation). Also, I'm late on my student loan bill because I couldn't fax my request for forebearance to the loan company (issues with their lines not mine since I was using an online fax service). But, I will continue to try and better myself despite the feeling that everything is out to prevent that from occurring. GOOD BYE!