14 January 2016

2.202: Stacks of Cash

I have no clue what I am going to write about this evening because my initial topic, the demise of the Atlanta Silverbacks, is old news.  I considered a personal piece discussing my opinions and thoughts on the Atlanta Silverbacks organization, but I realized that I no connection to the club.  Yes, I had been to a handful of matches during their most recent stint, but I had not been to a match since Soccer Bowl 2013 (now called “The Championship”).  So, I decided against writing about another topic of which I held little familiarity.  Instead, I will say this in regards to the situation:
It is always terrible to lose a professional sports organization because it creates a feeling amongst supporters that we did not do enough to save our club.  But, the reality of the matter is that professional sports organizations are businesses and businesses with poor management (or no management in the case of the Silverbacks) will fail.  As followers of professional sports, the best course of action is to lament briefly and move on to another club.
On another note, Major League Soccer (MLS) held its Super Draft today and Sporting Kansas City (SKC) selected with the eleventh overall pick of the Super Draft:


Actually, SKC traded the pick to DC United in exchange for an undisclosed amount of Targeted Allocation Money (TAM—a financial mechanism devised by MLS to lessen the actual impact of a high-waged, non-Designated Player’s salary on the club’s salary cap figure).  Of course, saying your club has selected a table full of stacked cash is much more entertaining.

Anyways, I have been having a good day despite my Friday evening plans being canceled (Get well soon BH’s granny!). So, good evening and DFTBA!