03 May 2016

2.312A: Random Topics 008

NOTE:  Sorry, but there will be no screencaps of this week's random topics so you will have to take me at my word that these topics were genuinely (and randomly) generated.

Topic I:  Top Ten Three Examples of Beautiful...Things in Life (in no particular order)

When Your Favorite Sports Team(s) Win - As I a sports fanatic, I have an inherent desire to be successful at everything. But as an unathletic nerd, I rarely win anything. Therefore, I live vicariously through my favorite teams. When they win, I win and when they lose, I lose. Personally, winning equals happiness and success. On the other hand, losing equals failure and sadness and I have a general disdain for both feelings.

When Your Plans Work Out - In life, we are taught to "expect the unexpected" and to "live in the moment" but both of these adages run in contrast to my personal mannerisms. I am a creature of habit and (despite the appearance of my workspace [i.e. my bedroom]) I am a creature of order. Is it too much to ask for my plans to go off in accordance with my plans? This is why I find it beautiful when a plan comes together because (1) it happens rarely and (2) I know how to optimize my own happiness.

Schadenfreude - This is self-explanatory but in case you are ignorant of the meaning of this term, it means:  "pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune". I realize how bad this sounds but that is because it is a bad thing but I find an incredible amount of pleasure from the failures of my enemies because I know that (1) the feeling is reciprocated and (2) they deserved it.

Topic II:  How do you think the world will end? (NOTE: This question was generated using another generator:  Conversation Starters.)

In my opinion, the world will end when the Sun engulfs Earth as it progresses through its life cycle. Of course, scientists predict that such an event is billions of years from now. As for humanity and its relationship with Earth, I believe its end will come eventually. It will not be billions of years from now but it will be much sooner. Now, I am not saying that humanity will cease to exist but I am saying that human life on Earth will cease to exist as the planet will become inhospitable either because of man-made causes (e.g. global warming, war, etc.) or naturally-occurring causes and humans are forced to move onto other worlds. In other words, humans will thrive but it will not be on Earth but that time is in a far distant future.

Topic III:  If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I have thought about this for only a few minutes but I would say tacos because tacos can be made with many different fillers: meat, vegetables, dairy (cheese), or grains. In my opinion, tacos are the ideal vehicle for ensuring I continue to eat a balanced diet filled with the essential nutrients I require. And yes, I realize that this response is a cop out answer but I play by my own rules--LIKE A BOSS!