12 May 2016

2.321: Quick Blurbs 008


BLURB 1:  Calvin Klein

Yes, I have seen the photograph and to be honest, I would not have never known about this photograph had it not been because of this "controversy". Again, being frank, I have seen far worse and yet, it is only now that we begin to hear about the problems such photography present. My stance on this situation is as follows: if the model was okay with the shot, then I am fine with the shot. Photography is a form of art and it appears as though the ones complaining most about such art are (1) simply looking for something to complain about and (2) too lazy to inform their children about the differences between right and wrong.

BLURB 2:  Harry Potter

In the interest of full disclosure, I am completely clueless about Harry Potter but these four names seem rather dumbed down or perhaps, less elegant? To be honest, I am uncertain of the exact term or phrase I wish to use in describing the supposed house names but they do have a very American vibe to them.

BLURB 3:  Gwyneth Paltrow

I suppose this is trending because "oh no, someone is talking about S-E-X". Look, people need to stop handling sex with kids gloves and realize that sex exists, it occurs, and if done right, is pleasant. Ignoring sex is not only stupid, it's dangerous.

BLURB 4:  George Zimmerman

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS GARBAGE! How this man continues to work freely amongst us is beyond comprehension and speaks loudly (and poorly) of the broken American justice system. I wish nothing but terrible things on this terrible person.

BLURB 5:  Voltron Legendary Defender

Finally, a topic I actually care about! For a person my age, Voltron was the sh-t! And I look forward to seeing Netflix's take on the series.

---------- || J+30 || ----------

NOTE:  Apparently, drafting a post and then posting it at approximately 00:01 EDT and then drafting another post and publishing that post at 23:59 EDT means you have posted two posts in one day as opposed to two posts in two days.  Anyways, I corrected the numbering on the two preceding posts to accurately reflect the day it was written on.

Also, I was iffy about using Facebook Trending Topics for awhile now but given the recent controversy surrounding Facebook's alleged suppression of conservative topics, I have determined that I will be sticking with Facebook as the source of topics for this column.