16 May 2016

2.325: Another Brief Update

I am overwhelmed!

At work (Dollar General), I find myself in the uncomfortable situation of having to ask my supervisor/friend to reduce my hours because I am being asked to work full-time hours for part-time pay with no benefits. Also, there is the matter of having only one day off a week. Normally, I would have little issue with the extra time but it is incredibly discouraging to work a full-time schedule and then receive a paycheck of less than $200.

Meanwhile, the position with Kelly Services at a local medical manufacturing plant remains in limbo because of a delay with my local criminal background check, which is made even more frustrating by the fact that they have already received my national background check. While I may not be looking forward to the overnight shift, I really need this better paying position.

Also, I am scrambling to complete a standout cover letter and resume for a library position in the a library system that is at least two hours away.

And all of this is simply the tip of the iceberg because (1) my grandfather is back in the hospital because of a persistent, hacking cough and built up fluids in his lungs and (2) the troll managed to blow out the power to its cave as well as one wall of my mother's bedroom and is now running an extension cord through my mother's bedroom window.

Anyways, my life is out of control and I have been unable to publish posts as often as I would like but maybe I will be able to get things back in order soon.