19 May 2016

2.328: Quick Blurbs 009


BLURB 1:  Blake Lively
In all honesty, who is seriously offended by her comments? And I mean seriously offended? Because we live in a society in which white police officers receive little to no punishment for gunning down young black men and this is what people choose to be offended by. GTFO!

BLURB 2:  Star Trek
I have always stated that I was more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan because Star Trek was far more accessible than Star Wars. So, I am looking forward to watching the new series (on Netflix or DVR).

BLURB 3:  Die Antwoord
I have never of Die Antwoord nor have I ever listen to any of their albums but I suppose anything related to Kanye West will earn a "trending" designation. Come on Facebook curators, you need to do better than this rubbish.

BLURB 4:  Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight
I love the Marvel Cinematic universe and I have loved what I have seen from Netflix in regards to original Marvel series (though I have only seen the first two episodes of the first season of Daredevil--what can I say? I'm squeamish.) So, I should only expect good things to come out of these three series is they are made. Also, Marvel and Netflix will have the opportunity to introduce to new heroes of ethnic decent:  Blade, who is black, and the Robbie Reyes (Mexican-American) version of Ghost Rider (though they will likely opt for the Johnny Blaze version).

BLURB 5:  Sports Authority
Well, there isn't a Sports Authority within "reasonable" driving distance around my area so this is not relevant to me.