17 April 2016

2.296: Happy Thoughts

I write a lot about the things that irk me so today I am going to write about a few of the things that bring a smile to my face.

Attending Conventions
Earlier today, a friend and I attended the Atlanta Comic Convention and while I was unable to find any deals, I did get a cool new tee shirt as well as the satisfaction of helping a friend reacquire his lost childhood collection. I love attending conventions--anime conventions, comic conventions, science-fiction conventions, and more. One will rarely find me happier than when I am at a convention. I love the costumes, the panels, the musical concerts, the dealers room, and most of all, I love being surrounded by my fellow fans. I could genuinely write an entire post dedicated to conventions but I will not because I have other things to discuss.

Hanging Out with Friends
I do not have many friends and most of my friends are typically preoccupied with other responsibilities:  families, significant others, jobs, and so on. But on the few occasions I have to simply hang out and relax with them, I savor it and try to make it last for as long as possible. My friends have this misconception about me. They have a tendency to think that in order for us to hang out, we need to have money (or spend money). Yes, I do appreciate when my friends chip in for fuel but it is not necessary. If all we do is stand in a parking lot and have a conversation with one another, then I am happy. I simply long for companionship.

Money
I know that there are plenty of euphemisms and sayings about the negatives of money but it is a vital (if not, essential) part of our existence. When I have money or more accurately, disposable income, I am happy. In truth, what can make one any happier than knowing they do not have to worry about paying the next bill. Sure, money can bring about its own issues but it sure makes life much easier when you have it.

Anyways, these are just a few of the things that make me happy.