07 April 2016

2.286: Quick Blurbs 005

NOTE:  Before I begin today's Quick Blurbs, I want to apologize for my sudden reversal into my previous sporadic posting schedule but I have been forced to deal with issues at home (or more accurately, I have been forced to deal with the same persisting issue at home). I will attempt to maintain my daily posting schedule and I intend on elaborating on my recent issues in a future post but please understand that I have no intention of permanently reverting to my previous ways. I love to write and I love to share and while there may be no one else reading my posts, just having a means to express myself is good enough for me.

---------- || J+30 || ----------

Captured at 12:50 EDT on 07 April 2016

Seth MacFarland
This is going to sound sexist but what a pull for Seth MacFarland. Yes, he is funny, he can croon just as well as the next Las Vegas lounge singer, and he is the creator/producer of one of the most popular animated shows on TV but Emilia Clarke is magnificent.

The Mummy
I am thoroughly confused, are they rebooting the Brendan Fraser-led Mummy franchise with Tom Cruise? If so, that is a major coup for the movie studio producing the reboot.  Regardless, I probably won’t see it anyways though I wonder if it’ll launch the film career of another professional wrestler.

Brandon Barash
This was another instance in which I had to ask:  Who? Apparently, he’s an actor on a daytime soap opera not titled Days of Our Lives. Anyways, divorce sucks but one shouldn’t force love when love isn’t present. Hopefully, he remains active in the rearing of his daughter.

Warner Bros.
First, there was another Jungle Book film in production? Second, this is great news for longtime fans of Wonder Woman that have waited so long for a live-action, solo film. I’m personally looking forward to seeing what Gal Gadot can offer as the iconic DC female superhero.

Sherlock
OMG FINALLY! I am an immense fan of Sherlock and this is fantastic news! If you have not seen this iteration of Sherlock Holmes, then you simply must find it and watch it. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are remarkable as Holmes and Dr. John Watson.