13 April 2016

2.292C: Random Topics 006


To be honest, I did not have an opportunity to know and learn from the majority of my grandparents. My paternal grandparents lived in Laos and Thailand and passed away many years ago. On my maternal side, my grandmother, who took care of me during my infant years, passed away when I was in second grade and she resided in Virginia. So, if I were to learn anything from any of my grandparents, then it would have to be from my mother's father (or my grandfather) since he is the only grandparent that I know closely. In fact, he is the grandfather that I have been keeping an eye out on for the past week.

So, what, if anything, have I learned from my grandfather? Not much. I wish I could say that my grandfather and I have held meaningful conversations but there remains a language barrier between the two of us. But this feels like a cop out reply so I will say that I learned to be appreciative of others around me.

---------- || J+30 || ----------

I am going to call it an evening here since I am growing tired and it is almost "Day 293".