13 April 2016

2.292B: Pitch Notes (4.11)+2

So, I could be flipping channels between Kobe Bryant's final game and the Golden State Warriors historic pursuit of 73 WINS in a single season but I have decided to draft my second post of the day:


First, I want to say that I really need to change this header for Pitch Notes. I know that this only the fifth(?) installment of this column but I have never been a fan of this banner. (I'm just saying.)

RESULTS:

Wednesday, 6 April 2016
UNITED STATES 7:0 Colombia
Women's International Friendly | Pratt & Whitney Stadium (Hartford, CT)

Saturday, 9 April 2016
New York Red Bulls 0:2 SPORTING KANSAS CITY
Major League Soccer | Red Bull Arena (Harrison, NJ)

Sunday, 10 April 2016
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 3:0 Manchester United
Barclays Premier League | White Hart Lane (London, England, UK)

UNITED STATES 3:0 Colombia
Women's International Friendly | Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, PA)

NOTES:
It was mixed bag of results this week as the United States Women's National Team (USWNT) continued to make their case for equal pay by dominating their Colombian counterparts twice and by a combined score line of 10:0 meanwhile Sporting Kansas City (SKC) reclaimed the top spot in the Western Conference following a 0:2 road result against the defending Supporters' Shield winners. On the other hand, Manchester United were soundly defeated by title-contenders, Tottenham Hotspur. The defeat means that United now trails its "noisy neighbors", Manchester City, by four points for the fourth and final UEFA Champions League spot.

I was going to include this evening's results in this edition of Pitch Notes but I decided to try and preserve some of this columns integrity by waiting until the next column.