14 April 2016

2.293: Quick Blurbs 006


Spider-Man
Spider-Man:  Homecoming? I see that Sony is hell-bent on making sure audiences know that Spider-Man is a teenager. I cannot wait to see the crazy antics Peter Parker gets into as he struggles with the angst of trying to find a date while still learning to be a superpowered vigilante.

C-3PO
What a cheap yet clever ploy from Disney/Marvel? Want to know why an iconic droid suddenly has a new arm in the latest Star Wars film? Buy the comic! Honestly, I don’t care that much about it but I was always more of a Trekkie anyways.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Not content with allowing their more talented younger sister, Elizabeth, take the spotlight, Mary-Kate and Ashley decided to get “trending” by posting a promotional “first public selfie” for Sephora. I guess that’s good for them and it’s nice to know that they are still around but do I really care? No.

Justin Bieber
OMG, the Biebs can color within the lines! I was half-expecting him to urinate on the page and then hurl it at an elderly couple as he sped by them in a residential neighborhood. Okay, that was mean spirited but come on now—a kindergartener could do better.

Rachel McAdams
Rachel McAdams is in the upcoming Doctor Strange film but I thought we knew that already. The big question is what character is she portraying. If you can answer that for me, then go for you. Anyways, the teaser looked good and I’m anxious to see the film.