10 October 2015

2.106

I like working on Saturdays.  The atmosphere at the library is much more relaxed (as I draft this post, I'm wearing my convention staff tee shirt from Anime Weekend Atlanta as oppose to a collared shirt), the pace is slower (the average number of patrons on Saturdays is far smaller than compared to regular workdays), and our responsibilities are greatly limited in comparison to other days in the week due to the limited number of staff availableAnother positive about working on Saturdays is that I don't have to work one day during the regular work week and that means I'm not surrounded by individuals that cause me stress. 

Perhaps, the lone negative to working on Saturdays is if Manchester United has a match scheduled for Saturday.  Fortunately, there is no Manchester United match scheduled today because of the FIFA international break.  But, if I'm being honest, working Saturdays isn't as great an obstacle to viewing Manchester United matches as one would think since NBC Sports offers free online streaming of Barclays Premier League matches.  Aside from this minor issue, Saturdays are the best, especially since the vast majority of our patrons are still clueless to the fact that we have extended our hours until 4 PM. 

[tangent] I know that I tend to ramble on about mundane things in my posts and that's typically because I'm incapable of forming coherent thoughts about a particular subject for long durations of time.  Of course, this doesn't mean that I'm entirely void of meaningful thought--it's just rare that I'm capable of putting the thoughts into a readable written format.[/tangent]