16 August 2014

Year 1, Day 51 - #ShiteMovieReview 02


Despite my apprehension, I decided to see Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  I say "Michael Bay's TMNT" because this is certainly not the TMNT from my childhood.  If I were a child, I may have enjoyed this movie some, but I am not a child and I am highly sensitive toward any attempts to bastardize parts of my childhood.  I'll be frank--there were a few moments where I laughed and there were a few moments in which I was drawn into the action sequences, but these were few and far in between.  Also, I will admit that I may not have given this movie a fair shake because of my preconceived notions, but I wanted to be wrong; I was right.  So, was this movie worth the price of admission ($8 matinee)?

No, it was not.  In fact, if you must watch this film (e.g., you are a parent and you have a child), then wait until it comes out on Netflix (or Redbox, if this movie doesn't become available via a streaming service that you pay a monthly rate for).