03 August 2014

Year 1, Day 38

Today, I drove into the city for the AWA volunteer staff meeting before the convention in September.  Afterwards, I ate dinner with some friends at a Korean-Mexican fusion joint in Midtown call Takorea.  I had a "KFC" (Korean fried chicken) tako [sic] and a "Belly" tako [sic].  The Belly was a little heavy on the chili sauce, which spilled onto my KFC, and I wasn't really able to taste the pork belly in the tako. But, the KFC was just fantastic.  We had dessert at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream--I am hooked on this place, which blows because I live over an hour-and-a-half away--where I had the pineapple upside down cake ice cream paired with the salty caramel ice cream; it was amazing. Anyway, that was my day.

Also, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Esther Day! I love you guys even though I don't know you guys.