10 August 2014

Year 1, Day 45

Exhausted. Man, if I am this worn out after a small convention like Atlanta Comic Convention, how on Earth am I going to make it through Dragon Con?

Today, I spent the day with two of my coworkers at the convention along with a few other stops throughout the day. The Atlanta Comic Convention (not to be confused with Atlanta Comic Con or Wizard World Atlanta...whatever it's called) is a much smaller, dealer's convention. Basically, it is a comic-themed flea market with an affordable price of admission.

In terms of location, it's more accessible for me than Dragon Con, MomoCon or AWA. The space itself is a bit cramped and is very conducive to con funk, but given what you pay; it's a fair trade off.

Personally, I was out of place. The ACC (because I am not writing it out every time I make reference to it) is definitely for the diehard comic book fans that know what they want. Yes, you can be an utter noob like me, but it wouldn't hurt to have a game plan in place before entering.

Anyway, I did enjoy myself and I'll probably go again, but I'll be better prepped next time.