03 January 2015

1.191: More Goals for 2015

After I posted my update concerning my goals for 2015, I found myself coming up with a number of other “smaller” goals that I wouldn’t mean accomplishing this year.  Of course, none of these are of any major significance and most are rather unquantifiable, but they’re goals to strive for in 2015.

Watch More Soccer
Last year, I know my soccer viewing diminished significantly.  I watched as much of the World Cup as I could, but not much else.  I couldn’t afford a MLS Live subscription so I was unable to watch many Sporting Kansas City matches and I often found myself watching little more than Manchester United fixtures at the club level. But, this year, I want to watch more matches and diversify my league and competition viewing.  I don’t want to be an expert, but I at least want to know what the people on my Twitter feed are discussing.

Watch Less Professional Wrestling Sports Entertainment
And by less, I mean far less—I’m thinking about no sports entertainment at all.  Look, I still have a soft spot in my heart for muscle-bound men in tights throwing fake punches at one another and scantily-clad women shoving their derrieres in one another’s faces, but I’m tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over again.  Truthfully, the final straw came on the last WWE Raw of 2014 when John Cena reinstated “The Authority”.  Honestly, I’m tired of Triple H, I’m sick of Stephanie McMahon, and I’m wary of this constant carousel of performers from when I was in high school. Anyways, I’m going to take a year away from sports entertainment and hope that come 2016, things will be different though I doubt it.

Watch More Anime
On my Twitter profile, I include the phrase “anime otaku” in my description, but I honestly have not watched an anime since (probably) before Anime Weekend Atlanta.  I need to get back in the mix, catch up with my queue and see what’s new in Japanese animation.

Reduce Carbonated Drink Intake
To be honest, I know that I’m going to fail hard at this because just today I have had one can of Coke Zero, one small Strawberry Fanta and about to polish off a bottle of Coke Zero.  I’ll be frank and say that I may never drop soda from the list of items I ingest, but I could should make an effort to reduce how much I ingest.  Perhaps, a single can a day or maybe one bottle (16.9 fl. oz.) a day?

Enter All of My Coke Rewards Codes
I have got Coke bottle caps everywhere and at some point, I just need to either enter them for points or throw them away because they are just taking up space.  My Coke Rewards (MCR) permits only 100 points per week (or 33 bottle cap codes), but I’m certain that I don’t have over 1700 bottle caps lying around or do I?  Anyway, if I enter the max each week, then I could come away with 5200 MCR points and earn another “free” trip to Six Flags.  But, more importantly to me and my mother, they’ll finally be out of our way.

Organize My Schedule to Accommodate Goals
If I want to be successful, then I need to organize my schedule and put in my day planner designated times for all of my desired activities. I like to organize—it is sticking to my plan that’s the problem.

Anyway, I’m certain that this is it for goals for the brand new year.  Hopefully, I will be able to achieve most of them and, perhaps, my quality of life will improve because of them (though I’m sure my health my deteriorate with all of the inactive anime and soccer viewing).