26 February 2016

2.245: Quick Blurbs 001

I am going to try something different today.  If the title of this post did not already give it away, I am calling this new writing format, Quick Blurbs.  Basically, I pick between three or five (I will pick a more precise number at a later time) current topics and I have fifty words or less to express my opinion on the topic.  Now, I am seeking a source for determining what "hot" current topics to discuss, but I will figure that out as well at a later time.  For this initial Quick Blurbs, I will be drawing the topics from Facebook's Top Trends:

Screen Captured on 02/26/2016
Topic #1:  Cheryl Tiegs Hates Full-Sized Women
Honestly, who cares what Cheryl Tiegs thinks?  She had her time and if her time did not permit her to have a waistline over 35-inches, then too bad.  But for anyone to come out and attempt to criticize another person because they are comfortable in their own skin is lame.

Topic #2:  More Stupid $#!+ Comes from Raven-Symone's Mouth
If Raven-Simone wants to move to Canada because a Republican is nominated for President, then let her leave.  Clearly (or at least, I hope), she meant to say that if a Republican is elected President, but she is notorious for saying really stupid stuff (like a human being).

Topic #3:  A Rated R Dawn of Justice Blu-Ray/DVD Release?
If I actually purchased blu-rays, I would still have no interest in purchasing Dawn of Justice.  I rarely re-watch films much less purchase them so this announcement means nothing to me because I believe the film is going to be bad.  I am waiting for Suicide Squad.

Topic #4:  Ariel Winter's Smaller Breasts
Good for Ariel, but who is this person?  Again, if you feel comfortable with your body, then more power to you.

Topic #5:  #FreeKesha
I could go on a much longer rant about this situation, but I am not allowed.  If Sony were a person (and according to Citizens United, it is a person), then I would implore it to have a shred of decency and #FreeKesha.  Why torment her?

And there you have it, my first ever Quick Blurbs.  Personally, I enjoyed this format though I am distraught by what is considered important enough to be "trending".  I hope to do more of these in the future as well as more Random Topics, but until next:  take care and DFTBA!