09 February 2016

2.228: (Unaffordable) Footy Swag

I don't often venture into the realm of fashion because I'm one of the least fashionable individuals you'll ever meet despite my personal fantasies of being named "World's Sexiest Man" by whatever magazine hands out that title.  But, I'm not discussing solely fashion, I'm discussing soccer fashion. On Sunday, the MLS club I currently support Sporting Kansas City released its secondary kit, here have a look:

SOURCE: Sporting Kansas City | www.sportingkc.com
Personally, I like it.  It's a simple design featuring alternating horizontal stripes of various width and shades of blue.  For me, a good soccer shirt is a shirt that could be worn in everyday situations without looking like a wanker.  Of course, this shirt will be priced out of my price range initially because everything is out of one's price range when you're unemployed, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to add this shirt to my collection of socially-acceptable, wearable soccer tops  Also, another positive with this top is how the corporate sponsor sits inconspicuously across the chest, drawing little attention unlike some shirt sponsorships and their logo placement (i.e., I'm looking at you Chevrolet).