04 September 2014

Year 1, Day 70

I know that I have yet to write anything formal about my day at Dragon Con, but that post will have to wait as I have yet to upload any of my photographs from that day.  I will say that planning for Dragon Con 2015 is underway and we already have a room booked at the Hyatt.

A quick update to yesterday's post, I am feeling much better after I finally got some sleep--my head is clear and my eyes are no longer running.  I was afraid that I might have finally needed to use Sick Leave, but I was able to avoid it.

Another topic that I yet to discuss in-depth was Manchester United's transfer period transactions.  So, here we go:
  • The jury is still out on Ander Herrera since he has been injured for the most part during this early part of the season.
  • I think we overpaid for Luke Shaw, but that tends to happen in England for English players.
  • Is Marco Rojo even going to get a chance to put on his United kit?
  • Angel Di Maria while talented and certainly a positive addition to United was not worth the amount that United paid for him.
  • Daley Blind could be a something special, especially, since he will be working under Louis Van Gaal, his former national team coach.
  • Radamel Falcao was a remarkable coup for United, but his arrival signaled the departures of Chicharito and Danny Welbeck (Welbeck's departure was personal gut check and decisive end to any claims that United is capable of developing talent through its academy).
I suppose LVG has a plan, but his plan apparently, does not involve addressing the side's needs in central defense or midfield.  Now, do not get things twisted--I will remain loyal to the Red Devils--I'm just interested in seeing where all of this spending take the club.