26 December 2014

1.183: Shite Movie Review #5

The Hunger Games:  Mockingjay - Part I

In truth, I had much more to say this review of Mockingjay – Part I, but the more I thought about it; the more I came to realize that I simply did not like it.  Sure, there were some high points that provide a glimmer of hope for the second part, but my preconceived notions developed from reading The Hunger Games trilogy were too much to be ignored.  If you saw the first two films, then I will say this of Mockingjay – Part I:  it was better than its predecessors, but it still does not mean you should invest the money to see it in a theater, especially, when there are far better options.  Wait for this to be released on DVD or, better yet, Netflix and then hope that part two carries on the positive wave of part one.  Was Mockingjay – Part I worth the price of admission?  No.