17 June 2016

3.357: Update [06/17/16]

The past week of my life has been chaotic. Last Monday (06/06/16), I started my new position at a local medical manufacturing plant and since I started, I have logged about 65 hours of work though my paycheck reflects only 41.25 hours of work (an issue that I intend to have resolved quickly). So, much of my last week was graveyard-shift work and recovery. In fact, I did not have my first day off until Sunday (06/12/16) and even then, I was unable to relax because of issues involving the troll and now, his "ho". I know that I have said in the past that I would ignore the troll but when the issue of domestic violence rears its ugly head into the situation; one should act and I did (sort of). In truth, I should have called law enforcement but my mother would not permit me to do so despite the clearly terrified state of the troll's "ho" and the continued verbal threats being made by the troll in the direction of anyone in sight. At this point, I am done with the troll, his "ho", and my mother because I will not be party to any sort of physical abuse, especially, toward those weaker than the abuser. But, I will say that I affirmed what I already knew and that is that the troll is a scared, petulant brat. The troll is terrified at the prospect of going to prison (as any rational creature should be) but rather than tone down its behavior and rhetoric; it lashes out with comments about not being scared of anyone when it is actually the complete opposite. The troll's issue with the world at large does not stem from the lack of people ignorant enough to actually care about its self-inflicted plight but rather from the fact that it has warped sense that the world is out to "get it" that is most likely induced by drug use. Personally, I do not care--I tried to help in the past and all I got in return was this petulant creature that exists only to bring trouble to the people and things around it; so I must remove it from my presence.

Anyways, I went off on a tangent. As for work, I am confused and I am exhausted. I am confused as to my actual assignment at the plant and I am exhausted because I have been working an absurd amount of overtime for a new hire. Obviously, the dramatic shift in my internal clock has not helped matters but I can at least report that despite my bouts with drowsiness yesterday and Monday morning; I have been fairly alert while on duty. I will also say this about the position, it has definitely reinvigorated my desire to find another position expediently. I am not saying that the position is difficult or bad but (1) the overnight shift is NOT for me and (2) there are far too many I know that work at the plant already and I do not want to see them or let them see me during this difficult segment of my professional life.

In site-related news, I am very close to accepting the idea of posting all of my new content over to my Tumblr account. Now, I would still keep this site available for "archival" purposes but anything I write about or images I share would be posted to my Tumblr. I had tried this before but it fell flat even though I still like Tumblr as a blogging and social interaction platform. Of course, it could come to nothing but if I do decide to take the plunge, then it would start on the first day of Year 3. In other words, I only have a few days to decide. Anyways, I think that this is all for now--I have a resume and cover letter to compose!