29 December 2015

2.186: Excuses

I'm a procrastinator.

I will not deny it.  In fact, I relish in this fact.

Of course, procrastination is detrimental to my productivity and slacking is something I cannot afford now.

I often contemplate taking measures to remedy this behavior, but nothing comes from my "efforts".

Why?  To be frank, it is because (1) I am lazy and (2) I enjoy creating excuses and then drafting posts about these excuses to publish.

The former reason for my inability to overcome procrastination is self-explanatory.

The latter reason requires further explanation, but not too much explanation.  Basically, it boils down to the fact that creating excuses and then writing about the excuses allows me to (1) increase my post count and (2) procrastinate more.

If I spent as much time on being productive as I do on creating excuses for not being productive, then this issue would be resolved.  But it is never that easy and even if I resolved this issue, I would still need to figure out how to overcome my laziness and that is an exercise that would require far more resolve than I currently possess.

I am writing all of this because I am procrastinating and not focusing on finding my passion.  For now, I will say that I am going to wait until 2016, but I am not too confident about the prospects of any sort of advancement in my journey.  Also, I am not in the mood to carry much from 2015 into 2016 because I simply want this year to end and I want to leave the final quarter of the year in the past. Excuses