29 June 2015

2.3

The first day after an extended break is always difficult because it requires a return to a routine that you have deliberately broken. It is even more difficult when a goat-faced prick on a power trip switches out a working system with a broken system of their design while you are away on break. Here’s the thing: I will never reconcile the fact that an unqualified, inept dote is being paid $50K-plus while a multitude of highly qualified librarians that have given years to the system continue to struggle to make ends meet with some forced to hold two jobs—NEVER! Anyways, it’ll be a good day when the little bastard is either terminated or contracts some venereal disease (if he doesn’t already have a few).

So, what have I done today? I went to work. We had a departmental meeting in which we discussed the illogical plans of the system’s likely next director (shift full-time staff, replace full-time staff with part-time staff, add more hours, and continue to pay deserving staff poorly with little sign of improvement). By the way, we are losing one of the department’s most productive members to a branch in which they struggle to get over 100 patron visits on a daily basis.

Honestly, the work day is a constant struggle for me. It used to be the case that you could not get me to stop working, but now, the less I do; the better. I’m really tired of this situation and I’m tired of wasting my time writing about it. I don’t think this will be a usual thing, but here’s a video of Jack Ü’s “Where Are Ü Now” featuring Justin Bieber, enjoy!