25 June 2015

1.364

On my final day as a thirty-one year old person, I thought I’d take a moment to reflect upon the past year focusing primarily on the positive aspects.

During this past year, I maintained close relationship with old acquaintances, discovered new acquaintances and realized that there are times when one must move on.

In my first full year as a thirty-something, I rekindled my passion for comic books, discovered and visited local comic shops (Area 52 in Oakwood, Kapow! in Cumming and Oxford in Atlanta) and attended multiple Atlanta Comic Conventions.

Aside from ACCs, I attended Dragon Con for the fourth time, the Georgia Renaissance Festival for the first time and I volunteered for the second year in a row at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

Plenty of positive things have occurred during the past year and for the sake of this post, I plan on focusing on just those things.

Overall, 31 has been better than more recent years, but I’m looking forward to what thirty-two has in store—a new job maybe?