21 October 2014

Year 1, Day 117

To be honest, I'm lacking in the area of possible topics to discuss this evening, but I'm giving it (posting an update) a goal anyways.

It could be said of me that whenever a grand opportunity presents itself before me, I will be the first to find some way to bypass it.

Today, the library posted the job opening for the position of IT Department Director and while my colleagues in Circulation believe that I would make an excellent option for the position; my own internal self doubts that strongly.

Yes, I can do basic things on a computer and with direction, I can piece things together (when I'm in the mood), but it is the complicated things like actually putting together a network, maintaining that network and other IT-related responsibilities that scares me.

In truth, I could always make plans to learn this stuff, but actually executing it is the main issue. I'm a visionary with no willingness to make that vision reality.

I will have to contemplate on this issue hard, but I know in my heart of hearts that I'm not ready nor am I sure that I ever will be.