24 September 2015

2.90: Prepping for Closure

I find it funny that whenever I sit down to compose an update, I start to become tired.  And what makes the situation even more humorous is that it is just 7:30 PM.  Regardless, I am going to work my way through this sudden sluggishness to draft a post before I leave for Anime Weekend Atlanta tomorrow.

As I just stated, this weekend is AWA and for me, this will be my ninth year of attending the Southeast’s largest anime convention.  This weekend also marks to close of an extraordinary month that started with Labor Day weekend at North America’s largest science-fiction/fantasy convention, Dragon Con.

On one hand, the end of this month will relieve a significant strain on my wallet because spending hundreds of dollars on hotel rooms, food, and travel is incredibly damaging on my salary.  But, on the other hand, the close of September means that I am left with only my meager existence to look towards.

I know that I said I wanted to make a change for the better, but I understand that it is going to take some time and the path to personal happiness is cluttered with various obstructions.  Now, this does not mean that I will not make the effort; it simply means that I am going to have to be patient with myself.

Of course, the end of September/summer does not mean I will simply go into hibernation for the remainder of the year; there is still much to be done.  What it does mean is that I have begin planning for next September.  There are individuals that like to say that they prefer to live in the present and are unable to plan ahead.

Well, I do not work in this way.  I have to plan ahead to properly prepare myself because (1) I need some semblance of control of the situation and (2) it means that I will actually be able to go through with my plans.  Of course, in choosing this manner of living, I have slowly learned that nothing will go according to plan and to accept that randomness is a part of our lives regardless.

Anyways, I still have much to prepare in order to ensure that AWA goes as smoothly as possible and that I close out this period of the year with something entertaining and fun.