01 February 2015

1.220

I know that I have been slow with the posts, but I promise that I will continue to work toward posting more regularly.

With the first month of 2015 in the books, I thought I would take this moment to see how my goals for the year are panning out:

Read 52 Books:  One month into 2015 and I have read four books (which can be found in my “Shite Book Review” posts).  So, I guess I am on pace though my reading (like my posting) has slowed significantly over these past two weeks.

Attend Dragon Con and AWA:  I happen to come into a bit of extra cash during Christmas, but in truth, all that has afforded me is the ability to keep pace with what I will need to attend Dragon Con only.  The volunteer renewal forms for AWA were just sent out last week and I am no surer of whether I will be able to attend now then I was at the start of the year.

Be More Active Online:  I believe the first line of this post should be an indicator of where I stand in relations to this goal.  And sadly, I wish I could say that it was only on this site that I am slacking, but my overall social media game (Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter) is lacking.

As for my minor goals, here is where I stand:

Watch More Soccer:  NOPE.  The first two weekends were good, but these past three weekends—not so much.  I still catch Manchester United matches when I am able, but I neglected the first USMNT friendly of the year and I have been able to get myself to watch any other league aside from the Premier League.

Watch Less Wrestling:  I am actually doing okay with this goal though I did slip last week when I watched some of the Royal Rumble replay on Monday (it was on in place Monday Night Raw, which had been cancelled due to the winter storm in the Northeast). Aside from that minor slip, my only actual interaction with wrestling is CM Punk’s Twitter feed (though he is technically a MMA fighter now) and WWE Diva Paige’s Instagram account (I think she the best looking Diva at present—something about goth-looking girls with pale skin complexion really works for me).

Watch More Anime:  NOPE.  I was good for the first week, but after that week, it was all downhill. To be frank, it doesn’t require much effort to watch anime, but I often find myself sidetracked with YouTube videos.

Reduce Carbonated Drink Intake:  NOPE.  I’m a slave to sugary carbonated drinks and I’m powerless to resist their sweet goodness/badness.

Enter My Coke Rewards Points:  NOPE.

Organize My Schedule to Accommodate Goals:  NOPE.  I tried the first week of the year, but it is so difficult to stick to any set schedule aside from my work schedule.  I know that if I can this goal in order, then a number of my other goals will fall into place too.

Anyway, there is my quick update on the status of my goals for the year.  I may make this monthly post in order to keep myself aware of what’s up.  As for other posts, I have a number of things I want to post about, but I just haven’t been able to put my thoughts down as of now; I’m trying.