11 November 2014

1.138: Shite Movie Review #3

NOTE:  I can't believe how long it's been since my last "#ShiteMovieReview" (#SMR), but the past few months have seen "the films I want to see" cupboard run bare.  Fortunately, the Fall/Holiday movie season is here and I'm hoping to have more #SMR in the works over the next few weeks as there are a number of movies I plan on seeing.  Anyways, let's go!

Interstellar

I think I liked Interstellar though I'm not quite certain why I like the film.  Of course, the actual question to be answered here is:  Was it worth it?  To be frank, I'd say YES.  For starters, the movie runs 2 hours, 49 minutes--if that isn't bang for your buck, then I don't know what is.  Second, I did appreciate the underlying messages of the film:  stop rejecting science, fund space exploration and invest in face masks.

My primary objection to Interstellar was its resolution--it felt rushed (or as rushed as a nearly three hour feature permits) and it was a bit of stretch even for its genre.  Aside from the awkward resolution and lingering conclusion, I still enjoyed the film (I think) or that is at least what I have been telling my coworkers when they ask me.