19 May 2021

Good Thought, Poor Execution

I said I wanted to travel more, I wanted to get out of the house more, and in a way, I have achieved these things but the problem is that I haven't really gone anywhere. Tonight marks my third "trip" of the year but is it really a trip you just go an hour away from home?

My first "trip" was at the turn of the year and it wasn't really a trip so much as me staying at a hotel closer to the office. It was a nice hotel and I wasn't at home but it was work-related.

My second "trip" was an overnighter following a midweek Atlanta United match. In the past, I would have just ground it out and got home around midnight, but this year; I decided to do otherwise.

This leads me to this "trip" but instead of an Atlanta United match, it was an Atlanta United 2 match. Yeah, this doesn't quite feel right but baby steps, right?