16 August 2015

2.51

I honestly do not know what day this is, but I'll figure it out. Anyways, I'm ill and I've reached a tipping point. And all this stems from rumored actions of Real Madrid in regards to David De Gea. First, if you want him, then pony up the cash. United asks for £35 million and Real Madrid act surprised when the Red Devils reject their bid of £25 million. And now, Madrid are reported to be offering De Gea a £12 million signing bonus if he plays out the last year of his contract at Old Trafford and leaves for free at the end of the season.  That is fucking bullshit! Look, United aren't entirely blame free in this instance--they really fucked up De Gea's contract situation when they failed to offer him a proper extension following his first breakout season under Moyes--but they shouldn't stand by and get shafted by Madrid. We don't want another Paul Pogba situation. If I were United, I'd stand firm and if Madrid failed to meet the club's valuation of De Gea; I'd sit him and relegate him to the reserves. Personally, I'd ruin a career before I got shafted by a club like Mardrid. No player is bigger than the club, especially, an ungrateful one. And if De Gea were to have an about face about wanting to play, then I'd force him to sign a new long-term deal with a ridiculous buyout clause of no less than £50 million. And if that didn't work, then I'd play him in one Champions League match and offer him to Barça or PSG or some other big name European side at a fee of £20 million and have De Gea be their problem.