07 July 2015

2.11

I have come to learn that positivity and I do not mix. Trust me, I have tried and I have failed. For example: Monday. High off the United States’ Women’s World Cup win I thought I could overcome the negative vibes associated with Mondays; I was wrong. For starters, Monday marked the first day at work following a three-day holiday weekend, which means increased patron traffic and items circulated. Then on top of the large volume of items returned and checked out, the credit card machines at all of the system’s branches were out of order and that meant, obviously, no credit transactions. Now, all of this was manageable and Monday would have been fine if not for the elephant in the bedroom next to mine at home. Of course, there was a slight glimmer of hope in that he had to be taken to the ER during the early evening (I know, I am a terrible person).

Today was a slight improvement from Monday in that patron traffic at the library was significantly lower and the unwelcomed nuisance was still at the hospital—also, the United States men’s national soccer team won their opening match of the Gold Cup tournament. Anyways, I’m just going to try and keep my head above water and finish out the week. I’m behind on a number of personal projects, but things should be squared away by the end of the week…maybe.