11 October 2021

Professional Betrayal is Nothing New

Your co-workers are only your co-workers. They are not your acquaintances, companions, friends, or pals, they are your co-workers and any relationship with them ends when the timeclock is punched. I suppose I am the fool for continuing to believe that my social circle could include those that share the same employer as me. Time after time, job after job, I continue to allow myself to be lulled into a false sense of comfort, tricked into confining in those that seek to harm me, and fooled into trusting people that should not be trusted. To be frank, WWE legend Stone Cold Steve Austin said it best:

D.T.A. Don't Trust Anybody!

Look, I'm not going to place the blame anyone else for the situation that I find myself in because I was the fool that incorrectly believed he had found co-workers that he could trust despite prior experiences saying otherwise. All I know is that my best course of action going forward is to simply put my head down and do my job.