01 April 2021

Moving Forward

A few weeks have passed since my last post, and in this time, I have reflected upon the words written and the emotions expressed within the post, and I realized that everything I said was necessary. My last post was something I needed to express, and it was something I needed to "get off my chest." Over nine months had passed since my mother passed away, and not once did I express my grief in such an open manner. I know that I will always carry these feelings with me, but I no longer need to carry them alone because my feelings are now public for anyone to see.

Photo by JESHOOTS.com from Pexels

I am MOVING FORWARD! No, I am not moving on because I could never move on from the person that brought me into this world, but I am moving forward in hopes of living a life that she would be proud of. To be honest, I do not know what this means, but I know that living in a way that even slightly resembles the way she lived is already better than the life I lived.