12 May 2020

6.322: Life in the Age of Corona

Huh? It seems as though Blogger has a new design--it's interesting. I suppose I'd need to write more in order to figure out whether I like it or not. Well, I can already tell you one thing that I do not like about the new Blogger interface is the inability to align text the way you want without having to break out the ole HTML coding knowledge. Anyways, I'm not here to discuss the new Blogger design and layout; I'm here to discuss how things have been since COVID-19 arrived in America and made its presence felt to the masses.

In private, I have been keeping a "pandemic journal". I started late but I've been keeping it current (unlike this site). It's been an interesting few months to say the least and in a way, I feel comfortable in saying that the world will never be the same despite all of idiots protesting scientific research and researchers. We live in a time where greed is as prevalent as ever. We live in a country where news of nearly 2,000 deaths daily does not even faze people anymore. We live in a period where inconveniences are deemed as a threat to Constitutionally-granted rights.

And to be frank, it wears me down. I had wanted to write more at this time but I am exhausted so I'll go ahead and end it here.